Do you want to work in a highly focused team environment where your output is critical to our customers? We are an essential business serving schools, hospitals, and military bases as a part of our customer base. At Brooks Building Solutions we aim high to serve our customers and we will continue to strive for excellence. If you are a detailed, team-oriented person who can also take initiative and responsibility for firm and fast decisions within the job’s defined scope of authority and responsibility you might have what it takes to join our team.
The Project Manager is a technical problem solver with strong interactive communication and negotiation skills who utilizes their knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC systems, building construction, and contracting to successfully complete projects on time and within budget. With overall project financial responsibility, the Project Manager will work alongside Systems Engineers, Programmers, Field Technicians, and Subcontractors as assigned to fulfill the project requirements.
They will work with the entire team to promote teamwork, enthusiasm and a positive culture that strives and likes to win while ensuring high customer satisfaction. Self-discipline and a drive to accomplish tasks correctly in a structured work environment is important. The ability to work at a faster than average pace in a highly focused team environment is necessary.
Brooks Building Solutions has been in business since 1984 and currently has 70 associates, 32 of which are in the service department. The primary cities in our market are Jacksonville, Gainesville, Tallahassee and Miami. Our main office is in Jacksonville with satellite offices in Tallahassee and Miami. Brooks is made up of multiple profit centers including Equipment Sales, Building Automation, Service, Parts, and Electrical.
Our purpose and core values are the following:
Purpose: We exist to serve the client. We do that by recruiting, hiring, and developing the best associates and arming them with the best products, technologies, and services. Our financial success is a natural byproduct of successfully serving the client.
- Be different - We are not a commodity.
- Be dependable - We do what we say we are going to do.
- Do the right thing - We do the right thing for our clients, our co-workers, our subcontractors, our vendors, and the company.
BBS is the factory authorized service provider for Daikin Applied in the North Florida and South Georgia markets. Our technicians are trained as if they are Daikin Factory Service employees. Our clients include commercial office buildings, military bases, K-12, higher education, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial. We do not service residential or refrigeration.
BBS has been installing Building Automation Systems for over 30 years. We support Tridium Niagara and BACnet as our products of choice. We team up with our Equipment sales team to provide turn-key solutions on bid day. We utilize our existing Service Sales Team to provide BAS retrofit solutions and energy solutions to the existing building community.
- Ensure clear understanding of scope of work and contractual obligations
- Supervise the production of system drawings and submittals that meet those obligations
- Secure competitive bids from subcontractors for system installation
- Review project information with subcontractor, communicate project schedule and project specific installation requirements, answer questions to assure proper installation, and enforce installation procedures per BBS standards
- Coordinate the purchase of project material and schedule delivery to meet project timeline
- Supervise the progression and quality of work on site (attend jobsite meetings as required)
- Coordinate and communicate the project details with clients, architects, engineers, and other trades
- Manage the contract change order process including pricing, quoting, follow up, and execution of change order work
- Communicate project status to administration for project billing
- Communicate project status to Management, Customer/General Contractor, and Technicians to schedule systems start up and closeout
- Coordinate successful systems startup and commissioning with subcontractors and other trades
- Assemble systems startup documentation, commissioning documents, as-builts, O&M manuals, etc. as required to close out project
- Provide input to sales staff as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, startups, commissioning, and training for building systems
- Complete time sheets, project reports, letters/memos to other trades, and other paperwork required for this position in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in turnover of projects from Operations Team to Service Team
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Five years of experience in controls equipment, BAS system installation and troubleshooting and repair
- Any factory authorized training or trained by major manufacturer-not required, but preferred
- Knowledge of Fluke, Data Logging tools for commissioning
- Two-year technical degree in HVAC, mechanical & piping related studies preferred. An undergraduate degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Construction Management related studies is excellent
- Other technical experience such as military, on-the-job training programs, etc. may meet this requirement as determined by management
- Understanding of Word and Excel needed
- Willingness to travel
- Must be authorized to work in the US, Must be able to gain access to secured sites & clear high level background checks
- Specialty experience in: Commercial, Government, Military, Industrial
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Brooks Building Solutions provides a competitive and entrepreneurial culture that encourages and supports teamwork among fellow employees and provides performance-based salary increases.
- The Jacksonville metro area has approximately 1.5M people
- It is the fourth largest city and the youngest population in Florida
- It has the lowest cost of living among the major cities in Florida
- The suburban counties have the highest rated school systems in the State
- Florida’s Bright Futures Scholarship makes in-state college some of the most affordable in the country
- It has a range of culturally and aesthetically diverse neighborhoods
- Local beaches include Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach
- The largest urban park system in the country
- World class fishing and boating opportunities
- The St Johns River flows through downtown
- Home to the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team
- Home of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Minor League Baseball Team (Marlins AA Affiliate)
- Home of the PGA Tour Headquarters, The Players Championship, and the World Golf Hall of Fame
- Popular nearby destinations include Amelia Island, Cumberland Island, and Historic St. Augustine
Brooks Building Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.