Do you want to work in a highly focused team environment where your output is critical to our customers? We are an essential business serving schools, hospitals, and military bases as a part of our customer base. At Brooks Building Solutions we aim high to serve our customers and we will continue to strive for excellence. If you are a detailed, team-oriented person who can also take initiative and responsibility for firm and fast decisions within the job’s defined scope of authority and responsibility you might have what it takes to join our team.
The Project Manager is a technical problem solver with strong interactive communication and negotiation skills who utilizes their knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC systems, building construction, and contracting to successfully complete projects on time and within budget. With overall project financial responsibility, the Project Manager will work alongside Systems Engineers, Programmers, Field Technicians, and Subcontractors as assigned to fulfill the project requirements.
They will work with the entire team to promote teamwork, enthusiasm and a positive culture that strives and likes to win while ensuring high customer satisfaction. Self-discipline and a drive to accomplish tasks correctly in a structured work environment is important. The ability to work at a faster than average pace in a highly focused team environment is necessary.
South Florida Region - Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie Counties
- Ensure clear understanding of scope of work and contractual obligations.
- Supervise the production of system drawings and submittals that meet those obligations.
- Secure competitive bids from subcontractors for system installation.
- Review project information with subcontractor, communicate project schedule and project specific installation requirements, answer questions to assure proper installation, and enforce installation procedures per BBS standards.
- Coordinate the purchase of project material and schedule delivery to meet project timeline.
- Supervise the progression and quality of work on site (attend jobsite meetings as required).
- Coordinate and communicate the project details with clients, architects, engineers, and other trades.
- Manage the contract change order process including pricing, quoting, follow up, and execution of change order work.
- Communicate project status to administration for project billing.
- Communicate project status to Management, Customer/General Contractor, and Technicians to schedule systems start up and closeout.
- Coordinate successful systems startup and commissioning with subcontractors and other trades.
- Assemble systems startup documentation, commissioning documents, as-builts, O&M manuals, etc. as required to close out project.
- Provide input to sales staff as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, startups, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Complete time sheets, project reports, letters/memos to other trades, and other paperwork required for this position in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in turnover of projects from Operations Team to Service Team.
- Responsible for the growth, development, and review process for projects team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Five years of experience in controls equipment, BAS system installation and troubleshooting and repair.
- Any factory authorized training or trained by major manufacturer-not required, but preferred.
- Knowledge of Fluke, Data Logging tools for commissioning.
- Two-year technical degree in HVAC, mechanical & piping related studies preferred. An undergraduate degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Construction Management related studies is excellent.
- Other technical experience such as military, on-the-job training programs, etc. may meet this requirement as determined by management.
- Understanding of Word and Excel needed.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must be authorized to work in the US, Must be able to gain access to secured sites & clear high level background checks.
- Specialty experience in: Commercial, Government, Military, Industrial.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Brooks Building Solutions provides a competitive and entrepreneurial culture that encourages and supports teamwork among fellow employees and provides performance-based salary increases.
Brooks Building Solutions was founded in 1984 and currently has over 85 associates. We provide mechanical and electrical services, building automation, HVAC equipment and parts to the commercial building space. Our clients include office buildings, healthcare, K-12 and higher ed, government, and industrials. We maintain, repair, and extend the life of the most expensive systems in their buildings that also consumes about 75% or more of the energy budget, which is typically their largest controllable operating expense. We have the tools, technology, and people to optimize energy efficiency while providing a healthy indoor environment that is an important part of their financial and sustainability goals.
Our main office is in Jacksonville, Florida with satellite offices in Tallahassee and South Florida.
Our purpose and core values are the following:
Purpose: We exist to serve the client. We do that by recruiting, hiring, and developing the best associates and arming them with the best products, technologies, and services. Our financial success is a natural byproduct of successfully serving the client.
Be different - We are not a commodity.
Be dependable - We do what we say we are going to do.
Do the right thing - We do the right thing for our clients, our co-workers, our subcontractors, our vendors, and the company.
Brooks Building Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Why South Florida?
- South Florida area is home to three key areas: Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Key West. The best thing about South Florida is not only the weather but also the beautiful beaches, arts, culture and plenty of things for residents to see and explore.
- From shopping on Las Olas Boulevard to gondola rides on the canals, to a historic riverfront, Fort Lauderdale is the "Venice of America."
- Famous South Beach area in Miami.
- A short drive from Key Largo and Key West where you can “Relax the Key West way” and visit Hemingway’s house.
- Everglades is home to a lot of wildlife, including the alligators, snakes, and other reptiles, who have survived despite the urbanization of Florida.
- There are more than 150 public and private schools are scattered throughout Fort Lauderdale with several ranking in the top 20 for best schools in Florida.
- The diverse culture, that includes the famous Little Havana,has resulted in excellent and wide-ranging gastronomical adventures for the people. Some of the best dishes Miami has been known for are stone crabs, fish sandwiches, key lime pie, and traditional fritas. Miami is known for the famous Cubanos sandwiches and Cuban coffee as well.
- Miami Riverwalk downtown is a pedestrian walkway that runs along both Miami River and Biscayne Bay, beginning at Bayfront Park.
- Great places for boating water sports, sunbathing, swimming, or simply building sandcastles.
- Home to the Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat and Florida Marlins, Florida Panthers.
- South Florida is a boater’s dream and is home to two top boating shows.
- Relax on the beach, discover the hot nightlife, people-watch, and more.